Because I am lacking in self-control

I was recently given a Amazon gift card and now it's burning a proverbial hole in my pocket. As I was searching for books I'd like to try, a couple of deliciously beautiful covers caught my eye in particular. But which to choose?


The same questions whirl round and round in my head:
What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
AM I GOING TO DIE?

17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got here.


As Grace's pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see?


Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here?


A story of dark secrets, intense friendship and electrifying attraction.  -via Goodreads

That electric red hair and intense stare intrigued me from the start, but now I'm loving the blurb too. Coming January 2011.

****



When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. He seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on… but some questions should be left unanswered.  -via Goodreads






I read my first Courtney Summers novel, Some Girls Are, earlier this year and while I'm not a huge fan of most contemporary YA books I am very, very interested to see what else this impressive author has to offer up. Although I do like the YA Highway version too. Coming December 2010.

****

Plain Kate lives in a world of superstitions and curses, where a song can heal a wound and a shadow can work deep magic. As the wood-carver's daughter, Kate held a carving knife before a spoon, and her wooden talismans are so fine that some even call her “witch-blade”: a dangerous nickname in a country where witches are hunted and burned in the square.

For Kate and her village have fallen on hard times. Kate’s father has died, leaving her alone in the world. And a mysterious fog now covers the countryside, ruining crops and spreading fear of hunger and sickness. The townspeople are looking for someone to blame, and their eyes have fallen on Kate.


Enter Linay, a stranger with a proposition: In exchange for her shadow, he’ll give Kate the means to escape the angry town, and what’s more, he’ll grant her heart’s wish. It’s a chance for her to start over, to find a home, a family, a place to belong. But Kate soon realizes she can't live shadowless forever -- and that Linay's designs are darker than she ever dreamed.  -via Goodreads

I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a very strong, very unexplainable fascination with all things Russian. The last few days, I've seen some intriguing reviews pop up about Plain Kate and now I want this pretty one more than ever.

Have you spotted any other new ones I should put on my wishlist?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard great things about Plain Kate - all sound good though!

Chachic said...

I love the cover for Entangled! And I've already told you that I'm interested in reading Plain Kate. The reviews that I've seen have made me more curious about it.